moderated Re: Using icloud.com

Dan Longmore

Hi,

  One of the key developers of Windows Eyes is now heading up Narrator for Microsoft, last I heard, so Narrator may have the last laugh.  Seriously JAWS is a fine product but needs a good competitor though NVDA and Narrator are getting there.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2020 9:45 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Using icloud.com

Actually, Freedom Scientific was after Window-eyes for years even filing a frivolous law suit over place markers.

Window-eyes merged with AI Squared, the makers of zoomText, and then The conglomerate that owned Freedom Scientific bought AI Squared and told the Window-eyes staff/AI Squared that they would continue to be developed as part of the umbrella group which became Vespiro.

It did not take long before instead of following through with that, they pulled the plug on Window-eyes.

I know, personally, some of the people, and they ended up having to give some severance packages to people formerly of Window-Eyes/AI Squared.

They did dump their own Magic program in favor of ZoomText which is now part of the Fusion program.

I use Jaws because it is still better than NVDA or Narrator and because they killed Window-Eyes so I have little choice.

But, before I get kicked off this list for speaking the truth about the 800 pound gorilla in the room, I’ll shut up about this.

Richard