I think that the safe mode feature did a registry hack to get the
sound driver into safe mode, so maybe you could find that hack and and
maybe Jaws would work in safe mode after all.

On Thu, 10 Sep 2020 10:05:45 -0400,
Richard Turner wrote:

[1 <text/plain; utf-8 (base64)>]
Sadly, they never followed through with incorporating those features. The Safe Mode speech with Window-Eyes worked quite well.

Richard
"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gerald Levy via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2020 6:57 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Using icloud.com

And exactly which wonderful features of Window Eyes have been incorporated into JAWS? For instance, Window Eyes allegedly had a feature that provided speech when booting into safe mode. If this feature actually worked, which isdebatable, then why hasn't it been incorporated into JAWS?

Gerald

On 9/10/2020 9:44 AM, Richard Turner wrote:
Actually, Freedom Scientific was after Window-eyes for years even filing a frivolous law suit over place markers.
Window-eyes merged with AI Squared, the makers of zoomText, and then The conglomerate that owned Freedom Scientific bought AI Squared and told the Window-eyes staff/AI Squared that they would continue to be developed as part of the umbrella group which became Vespiro.
It did not take long before instead of following through with that, they pulled the plug on Window-eyes.
I know, personally, some of the people, and they ended up having to give some severance packages to people formerly of Window-Eyes/AI Squared.
They did dump their own Magic program in favor of ZoomText which is now part of the Fusion program.
I use Jaws because it is still better than NVDA or Narrator and because they killed Window-Eyes so I have little choice.
But, before I get kicked off this list for speaking the truth about the 800 pound gorilla in the room, I’ll shut up about this.