moderated Re: List containing 1 items annoying me.

Adrian Spratt

Andrew,

This is not a new feature. It sounds as though the latest update change your existing settings. So:

I haven’t gone through the following process just now except for the first few steps, but here are instructions that should still work:

Open JAWS settings with JAWS key+6 on the number row above the letters. If you want the change to affect only one application, be sure focus is in that application. Otherwise, press shift-control-d for it to affect all programs.

Type v e r in the search box and verbosity will appear.

One of the results that comes up is configure web verbosity. On my system, it’s the first of eight.

Note: this is different from JAWS’ speech verbosity.

Cycle through the options with the spacebar.

Press f6. The current level is verbalized right away.

Tabbing once initiates “Set Web verbosity levels.” The first button is labeled “High.” Tab again to medium and then again to low.

Press spacebar on the button of your choice.

After pressing the button you select, a tree view of checkboxes appears.

Arrow down to “List” and pressed spacebar to uncheck it.

Note: You may wish to look at the other items in this tree view in case you want to disable, or in some cases enable, more options.

Tab twice to Okay and press spacebar.

Be sure to save before closing the dialog. Control-s should do it.