moderated Re: Help - trouble with my new installation of JAWS 2020

Paul Faucheux

hi cynthia this is paul faucheux from louisiana. i think i can help u
out. in answer to your first question as to why the function keys seem
not to do anything the reason might be that you have to turn off
software control of the function keys. or you also might need to press
the fn key when using a command like insert f7 to bring up a list of
links for example.

On 9/4/20, Cynthia Bruce <cynthia.bruce@bellaliant.net> wrote:
Hi All,

I will start by begging your patience as I try to sort out a new Dell
laptop
and an upgrade from JAWS 17 to JAWS 2020. I will start with a couple of
things so far, and I am sure there will be more.

1. JAWS isn't reading the emails in my inbox - Outlook. It only tells
me if and when I have replied, and it tells me if it was sent with high
importance.
2. The function keys don't seem to be doing anything, although F2 and
F3 seem to be controlling the volume. Similarly, insert + the function keys
don't seem to do anything like bring up a list of running windows etc.
3. I keep going into JAWS quick settings and making changes that it
doesn't seem to be saving.

Many thanks for any help you can provide.

Cynthia