keys, but for volume, etc. How to change modes is a laptop specific
procedure which I can't tell you.

I hope this helps.

On Fri, 04 Sep 2020 15:28:09 -0400,
Cynthia Bruce wrote:

Actually, it is a laptop, and JAWS is set to laptop layout.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Abraham Sweiss
Sent: Friday, September 4, 2020 4:22 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Help - trouble with my new installation of JAWS 2020

What is your old computer a desktop?

Reason I ask because it sounds like you’re using the key combinations for a desktop not a laptop.

Thanks,abraham

On Sep 4, 2020, at 3:13 PM, Cynthia Bruce <cynthia.bruce@... <mailto:cynthia.bruce@...> > wrote:

Hi All,

I will start by begging your patience as I try to sort out a new Dell laptop and an upgrade from JAWS 17 to JAWS 2020. I will start with a couple of things so far, and I am sure there will be more.

1. JAWS isn’t reading the emails in my inbox – Outlook. It only tells me if and when I have replied, and it tells me if it was sent with high importance.
2. The function keys don’t seem to be doing anything, although F2 and F3 seem to be controlling the volume. Similarly, insert + the function keys don’t seem to do anything like bring up a list of running windows etc.
3. I keep going into JAWS quick settings and making changes that it doesn’t seem to be saving.

Many thanks for any help you can provide.

Cynthia

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una