moderated Re: Help - trouble with my new installation of JAWS 2020

Adrian Spratt

I’m not one to recommend this normally, but it sounds like you need to do a JAWS repair. Assuming you’ve downloaded the file for the version and release you’re running, click on that file and follow the prompts. It can take several minutes, and when it’s done, you’ll need to reboot.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Cynthia Bruce
Sent: Friday, September 4, 2020 3:15 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Help - trouble with my new installation of JAWS 2020

Hi All,

I will start by begging your patience as I try to sort out a new Dell laptop and an upgrade from JAWS 17 to JAWS 2020. I will start with a couple of things so far, and I am sure there will be more.

  1. JAWS isn’t reading the emails in my inbox – Outlook. It only tells me if and when I have replied, and it tells me if it was sent with high importance.
  2. The function keys don’t seem to be doing anything, although F2 and F3 seem to be controlling the volume. Similarly, insert + the function keys don’t seem to do anything like bring up a list of running windows etc.
  3. I keep going into JAWS quick settings and making changes that it doesn’t seem to be saving.

Many thanks for any help you can provide.

Cynthia