moderated Re: Dropbox Help

Mike B

Hi Alan,

See if the notes below will help:

Instructions For Choosing Default Reader For PDF Files
1.  Find a PDF file on the system.

2.  Press alt+enter for properties.

3.  Now shift+tab to the Change button and press it.  You will be  asked what program you want to use to open PDF files.  Tab and there will be a list
of proposed programs.

4.  Once you are on your preferred program, select it and you should be good to go.

Tom 

Try the below and see if it solves your problem.

1. Bring up the search box.

2. Type default apps and hit enter.

3. Tab to Set defaults by app Link.

4. Tab again, you should land on a list of apps.

5. Arrow down until you find the desired PDF reader, QRead, Adobe Dc  etc.

6. Hit enter.

7. It should say selected expanded button.

8. Tab to manage button and hit enter.

9. Now it'll read the different file types such as PDF, Epub.

10. Tab to each one and hit enter and make your changes.

Best,

Sadam Ahmed

JAWS & iOS certified
sadam@...

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2020 9:52 AM
Subject: Re: Dropbox Help

Les,

Outstanding. Glad you figured it out. Just out of curiosity, where did you locate the setting that had all PDF files opening in Edge?

Alan

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Les Kriegler
Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2020 11:35 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Hi Alan,

I wound up solving the problem. I was able to locate the setting that had all pdf files opening in Edge. I was able to change it to Adobe Acrobat. Now, in the testing I did after doing this, all the pdf’s we tried now open in Acrobat. Thanks for the assist. I had installed the Dropbox app as it turns out. What a relief!

Best,

Les

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Alan Lemly
Sent: Thursday, September 3, 2020 12:27 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Hi Les,

I believe the lady you're assisting needs to install the Dropbox client on her computer. This will install the Dropbox folders containing all of her Dropbox data currently in the cloud provided she signs into it with the same Dropbox account. I would expect that if she executes a pdf file from its local computer location, Adobe Acrobat should open with that file based on how you set the default file program. You can download the Dropbox client here:

https://www.dropbox.com/install

Alan Lemly

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Les Kriegler
Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2020 5:47 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Dropbox Help

Hi All,

I am assisting a lady with Dropbox. Her life partner set up all of her files in the cloud, but not on her machine. He recently died, and she does not know how to use Dropbox to change its behavior.  when she accesses a .pdf file, of which she has many, it downloads and opens in Edge. I downloaded Adobe Acrobat on to her machine and chose to use Adobe as the default when opening .pdf files, but they always open in Edge. I’m guessing this is because they are always downloading from the cloud. I wish to have her files stored on her machine. As I use OneDrive, I’m not familiar with how to accomplish this task. Any assistance will be appreciated.

Best,

Les

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.