moderated Re: Groups.io and Changeing All Email Addresses

On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 02:06 AM, Sharon S wrote:
Hi, there is a much easier way. They need to log into the groups IO page
-
Sharon, I absolutely agree with you.  However, based on the howls I have routinely received when suggesting that anyone who participates on Groups.io exclusively via e-mail log in to their Groups.io account to do something, I've literally given up.

There are lots of things that are far, far easier to accomplish via the Groups.io web interface regarding account preferences, including changing one's e-mail address.  But you have to be willing to login to Groups.io in the first place, and that also involves setting up a password for same.  For those interested in accessing their Groups.io accounts, if not reading messages, see the opening section of  Controlling the Messages You Receive via E-Mail from Groups.io (docx), which covers how to get yourself set up with a password and able to log in to Groups.io for whatever account maintenance you might wish to do, not just what follows in that document.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss