moderated Re: JAWS 2020 August Release: Frequent Crashes With Firefox 80

Chris Hill

Latest ff is 80.0.1.  I have yet to have it crash.  Can you suggest a site?

CH

On 9/2/2020 19:54, Jim Pursley wrote:
I've noticed crashes on some sites but others work fine.  Version 80 was fine for me, it was 80.2 that did me in.  Or was when I updated JAWS to the latest build.

I continue to use Firefox with the Reader (seems to be highly similar to Edge's Immersive Reader   on sites where I can like audible.com, Political Wire etc.

On 8/31/2020 5:48 PM, David Goldfield wrote:
Using Win10 version 1909, JAWS 2020 for August and Firefox 80.

Recently someone else on this list reported crashes with Mozilla Firefox. At the time I didn't know what to think about the problem but I am now encountering this and I noticed it after Firefox updated to version 80. After a short period of time of just navigating through a Web page Firefox reports that the tab has crashed and presents me with a button to restore the tab. These crashes are rather frequent. I only have one extension running which is for Cisco Webex and I have disabled this extension to see if this makes a difference. I'm not entirely sure it's just a JAWS issue as I encountered this crash when testing with NVDA although I so far haven't tried Firefox 80 with NVDA long enough to determine if the crashing is happening as frequently. Have others noticed this and is there a workaround for this?