moderated Re: Using excel with Jaws question

Glenn / Lenny

I wonder if it has to do with the type of cell the column is set for, i.e., data or text, etc.
Glenn

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, September 01, 2020 1:05 PM
Subject: Re: Using excel with Jaws question

I tried it and did not work for me.

Interesting.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Chaffin
Sent: Tuesday, September 01, 2020 2:01 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

I have the keystroke that you are needing.

Ok, hold down the control and shift. Do not let go of theese 2 keys. Now while holding down these keys, hit down arrow, do not hold down the down arrow, just press it. wait a second, then hit the backspace key. The backspace key is normally above the enter key.

Each time you press the backspace key, it will jump to the next different value in the column.

I have tested this and it does work.

Chris

On Sep 1, 2020, at 1:32 PM, Shan Noyes <shan.noyes@...> wrote:

What I’m trying to do is say I have a column of information. That is thousand of lines long.  I can sort it and when viewing the first item in the sorted column I want to jump the focus down to the next sorted value in the column.  I have no idea what it is or what  where it will show up.

e.g. say it is a list of ip addresses from a server log.  I am on the first ip, I don’t know how many times this ip shows up before it changes to the next ip address.

Hopefully that explains what I’m wanting to do.

Thanks

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of NFB Lab 4 via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, September 1, 2020 11:26 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

-------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING, this email originated from outside of SaskTel.
Do not click links or open attachments unless you trust the sender and believe the contents are safe.
--------------------------------------------------------------

If you remember what that sell value was, after you sort it, could you then do a find with control F and type in that value? Or copy that sells value to your clipboard and then do your control F and paste the amount in the find field.

On Sep 1, 2020, at 12:02 PM, Shan Noyes <shan.noyes@...> wrote:

Hi folks:

I would like to know if there is a key board command when one is in excel to due the following

1. You have a column of information that is thousand of lines in length. This column is sorted.
  2. Is there a key command that one can issue that will jump the focus  down the column  to where the information that the focus was on before issuing the command changes.

Thanks have a good and safe day everyone

Shan Noyes

Technical Analyst – Systems Security

GIAC

W: 306 777-4830

C: 306 533-1440

NOTICE: This confidential e-mail message is only for the intended recipients. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that disclosing, copying, distributing, or any other use of this message, is strictly prohibited. In such case, please destroy this message and notify the sender.

NOTICE: This confidential e-mail message is only for the intended recipients. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that disclosing, copying, distributing, or any other use of this message, is strictly prohibited. In such case, please destroy this message and notify the sender.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.