moderated Re: Deleting browsing data in Google Chrome

paul lemm

Hi,

I hope this isn’t straying off topic, but Brian recommended uninstalling using Revo Uninstaller. I agree with him , whenever I uninstall anything from my PC I always use a third party uninstaller to ensure it removes all traces of the program as the windows installer often leaves behind  a lot of unneeded files. I personally use Geek uninstaller (which is free). I’ve used Revo Uninstaller in the past, and although it was accessible I found it wasn’t the easiest to navigate with a screen reader, which is why I use geek, it works well with jaws and is really simple to use, when it opens you are in an edit field where you can type the name of the program you want to uninstall or press escape for a full list of programs currently installed on your machine. I do have to confess though I haven’t used Revo Uninstaller for a long time, so it’s possible they might have improved accessibility since I last used it.

Paul Lemm

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: 31 August 2020 21:43
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Deleting browsing data in Google Chrome

I've never had this happen with the Google Chrome browser, nor seen it reported elsewhere.   If you've done a complete uninstall and reinstall, and that has not fixed the issue, the only thing I could recommend is using something like Revo Uninstaller, after having done the regular uninstall for Chrome, then trying to install again.

These days, there are so many Chromium-based browsers that if you like Chrome you can transition to virtually any of them without even noticing you have.  New Edge and Brave are both good options, and there are others.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.