moderated Re: JAWS 2020 August Release: Frequent Crashes With Firefox 80

Gerald Levy

 Yes, there is a work around.  It's called Google Chrome.  To be perfectly blunt, I don't understand why anyone still bothers with Firefox.  It is a screwed up mess, constantly crashes, and seems to become less accessible with each successive release.  And most blind-friendly extensions like Webvisum and Navigational Sounds no longer work.  Mozilla betrayed its blind users by promising a new era in accessibility when they hired one of the developers of NVDA four years ago, but this has not materialized.  Whatever happened to this guy?  Is he still with Mozilla?  Or did he get laid off along with 250 other employees?

Gerald

On 8/31/2020 4:48 PM, David Goldfield wrote:
Using Win10 version 1909, JAWS 2020 for August and Firefox 80.

Recently someone else on this list reported crashes with Mozilla Firefox. At the time I didn't know what to think about the problem but I am now encountering this and I noticed it after Firefox updated to version 80. After a short period of time of just navigating through a Web page Firefox reports that the tab has crashed and presents me with a button to restore the tab. These crashes are rather frequent. I only have one extension running which is for Cisco Webex and I have disabled this extension to see if this makes a difference. I'm not entirely sure it's just a JAWS issue as I encountered this crash when testing with NVDA although I so far haven't tried Firefox 80 with NVDA long enough to determine if the crashing is happening as frequently. Have others noticed this and is there a workaround for this?