moderated Re: windows live mail question.

Marie

Tom, I am still using it and for the most part, without any serious issues. Some weird little things crop up, like getting the error message that WLM has encountered a problem. But when I press okay, nothing happens and I can go right ahead with whatever I was doing. And believe me there are definitely issues with TB which are as bad or worse and some really annoying shortcomings in TB. The overall experience I have with WLM is still the best and I am running the newest release of Jaws 2020 and the latest build available to me of Win 10 2004.
This message is being done in WLM.
Marie

Sent: Saturday, August 29, 2020 4:01 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: windows live mail question.

I don’t know why others are having problems, my WLM is still working OK on the latest version of Windows 10.  Tom

Sent: Saturday, August 29, 2020 3:38 PM
Subject: Re: windows live maile question.

WLM is great.  It is the most like Outlook Express, which I also loved.  I am still in Windows 7 world and this news about WLM not working with Windows 10 is disturbing.

Love in Christ
Marty
If we view this present life as our primary goal, we will agree with William Shakespeare who said: “Life is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” From TODAY IN THE WORD June 1, 2020

Sent: Saturday, August 29, 2020 1:47 PM
Subject: Re: windows live maile question.

Sadly I have to agree with this. I have loved WLM and am still using it part of the time, but find there are more and more hiccups along the way. So I also use Thunderbird and am gradually getting used to it, although I doubt I will ever enjoy it the way I have WLM. WLM does everything faster than any other client I have tried and it has, in the past done everything I ever wanted my email client to do simply but fully. I don't care for to-do list, calendars, etc. Since I am retired.

And it has some very handy features I can't find in others.
Marie

On 8/29/2020 8:21 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
See my response, https://jfw.groups.io/g/main/message/81639, last night on another topic on this very forum.

It is clear that for Windows 10 users we have entered the stage where Windows Live Mail 2012 (and almost certainly all earlier versions, too) is no longer going to work reliably.

Now is the time to transition to a supported e-mail client of your choosing or webmail (and most webmail can now handle multiple accounts, and accounts that are outside of the webmail itself, e.g., Gmail webmail lets you set up yahoo.com, outlook.com, etc., accounts for reading inside their webmail interface).
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.