moderated could not load braille driver

mike mcglashon

Hi guys:

When I load jaws,

(both previous versions and also with latest version from the other day),

I get a message:

Could not load braille driver

And then an “ok” button to which I must hit enter to pass.

Although I am not really technical,

I do believe I have latest version of windows because it does updates on its own from time to time without asking me.

I have spoken to vispero regarding this on several occasions:

On first occasion,

They tandomed into my system,

Done a jaws repair,

And as soon as I restart the computer the problem reappears.

On latter occasions,

They claim they cannot duplicate the bug, and,

That they will note it in their logs of errors and bugs.

My first question is:

Has anyone else received this error message? And,

If yes, what if anything did you do to repair this bug.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I am trying to connect up to my pacmate braille display.

For a long time, the display connected nicely;

The problem is, I have had the error so long,

I don’t remember whenst it first occurred;

I am willing to guess that it started sometime last february or march.

Please advise as you like.

Mike M.

Mike mcglashon

Email: Michael.mcglashon@...