moderated Re: Email Migration

On Fri, Aug 28, 2020 at 03:15 PM, netbat66 wrote:
marking it as not spam doesn't always work with gmail
I'm not arguing with you here, but I have never had this not work if I am doing so within Gmail webmail.  If a client is involved it depends on exactly what it communicates back to the Gmail server, and some don't communicate back that something has been unmarked as spam.

But, Gmail itself should not be marking Groups.io messages as spam anyway.  There has been a lot of direct interaction between Groups.io management and Google to get this to stop happening quite a while back.  I just turned on individual message delivery again for five different groups yesterday and not a one of the messages that resulted was classed as spam by Gmail itself via its webmail interface.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss