moderated Re: Copy From Web page

Richard Turner

Its my day for brain-farts.

Thanks for catching that.

Richard

"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2020 2:15 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Copy From Web page

Hi Richard,

Slight typo, to add a temp placemarker the keystroke is, Control, Windows key + K.

Selecting Between the Temporary PlaceMarker and the Cursor Position

To select text between a temporary PlaceMarker and your current position in a Web page, HTML document, or Word document, do the following:

1. Press CTRL+WINDOWS Key+k to set a temporary PlaceMarker.

2. Navigate to another location on the Web page or document, then press, INSERT + SPACEBAR, then press the letter, M. All text between the temporary PlaceMarker and your current
cursor position is selected and ready to be copied to the Clipboard.

3. Press, Control + C, to copy and now paste wherever you like.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2020 1:20 PM

I am probably late to this thread, but are you using the temporary marker hot key control+windows+m? then insert+space followed by m, then control+c?

I have never had it not copy.

I have had it copy more than I wanted.

If it isn’t going to work, I get a message that it couldn’t place the temporary marker.

Richard

"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dan Longmore
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2020 1:17 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Yes, same issue here and not on all occasions.

Dan

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of clarence carter via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, August 23, 2020 8:35 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Copy From Web page

I have found some occassions where JAWS will not allow me to copy portions of a web page.

hat happens is I select what I want to copy, or I think that I do, then I attempt to copy it.

Even though I selected what I want to copy, it will not copy it. This does not happen all of the time but it is enough to be annoying.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.