From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jed Barton
Sent: August 25, 2020 12:57 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Using Facebook

I definately would use the mobile version. I use it heavily every day and it works great. The full facebook site is a nightmare.

On 8/25/20, JM Casey <jmcasey@teksavvy.com> wrote:
I read the comments here and…

While I too use m.facebook.com because it’s not much of an obnoxious
setup, it is a somewhat buggy and very stripped down way of accessing facebook.
There are just some things that you either can’t do or that are very
inconvenient.

If you have a list of stuff, for instance, like your friends, you’ll
have to keep hitting ‘see more” over and over again just to see a few
more entries appear. It is very annoying if say you have hundreds of
friends and you want to go through them all to perhaps take out the
trash, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, I can’t tell from these messages what it is exactly you want to do?
What things are giving you the most issues/frustrating you the most,
that yout hink you should be able to do or have seen others do? Maybe
that’s a good starting point.

As for docs, I’m not sure there really are any except the help
available from facebook itself. Look for “help centre”; it should be
near the bottom of just about every m.facebook.com page. Alt-shift-0
is supposed to be a quick way of getting there and indeed it works for
me, but it might not for you depending on your setup – I personally
like these kind of web-page specific hotkeys sometimes but not
everyone does and obviously mobile browsers and such don’t support
them, so some developers consider them a “bad accessibility crutch”.