moderated Re: Using Facebook

Jed Barton

I definately would use the mobile version. I use it heavily every day
and it works great. The full facebook site is a nightmare.

On 8/25/20, JM Casey <jmcasey@teksavvy.com> wrote:
I read the comments here and…

While I too use m.facebook.com because it’s not much of an obnoxious setup,
it is a somewhat buggy and very stripped down way of accessing facebook.
There are just some things that you either can’t do or that are very
inconvenient.

If you have a list of stuff, for instance, like your friends, you’ll have to
keep hitting ‘see more” over and over again just to see a few more entries
appear. It is very annoying if say you have hundreds of friends and you want
to go through them all to perhaps take out the trash, if you know what I
mean.

Anyway, I can’t tell from these messages what it is exactly you want to do?
What things are giving you the most issues/frustrating you the most, that
yout hink you should be able to do or have seen others do? Maybe that’s a
good starting point.

As for docs, I’m not sure there really are any except the help available
from facebook itself. Look for “help centre”; it should be near the bottom
of just about every m.facebook.com page. Alt-shift-0 is supposed to be a
quick way of getting there and indeed it works for me, but it might not for
you depending on your setup – I personally like these kind of web-page
specific hotkeys sometimes but not everyone does and obviously mobile
browsers and such don’t support them, so some developers consider them a
“bad accessibility crutch”.