moderated A question about footnote detection

Rahul Bajaj

Hi,

I am facing the following problem. When reading articles that come
with footnotes, JAWS is saying 'one footnote reference' for sentences
that have footnotes. Normally, at the end of the sentence, it says
'footnote [and then whatever number the footnote has]. Now, however,
it simply says footnote reference. I cannot determine what FN number
it is referring to. So I cannot check the content of the footnote from
the footnote area. Does anyone have any solutions?

I use JAWS 2020 and Word 16.

Rahul

Rahul Bajaj
Candidate for the MPhil in Law