JAWS 11 and office.org 3.3

katherine

Hi Guys!
i'm new here and was wandering if anyone can help me resolve an issue or
suggest an alternative.
I am currently studying and my trial version of Microsoft office has
expired and i don't want to buy a license as college is expensive as it is.
I downloaded office.org as i used it before i became a JAWS user, but have
now found that JAWS does not work with it, like on the main screen where is
asks if you want to use a word, spreadsheet or presentation layout or open
an existing document all JAWS will say is link
and won't tell you what the options are
I'm using JAWS 11 and office.org 3.3.
is anyone ese having the same trouble or know of a free or cheap word
processing and powerpoint making software?
i hope my enquiry made sense
thanks in advance!
Katherine