From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of Soronel Haetir
Sent: Sunday, March 04, 2012 2:11 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Jaws accessible compilers in C++

I use both msvc and gcc depending on what I am doing. On windows they are
nearly universal for c++. There are a few others, intel's and borland's
products being the next most popular.

Really, any C++ compiler is going to work as the compiler is just a console
program that accepts a largish number of command switches and other input
and spits out the result file along with any diagnostic messages.

What your question is really asking is about code editors, which are not
the same thing as compilers at all. For that task I use visual studio
almost exclusively, even for code that is going to get fed to gcc.

On 3/4/12, John Martyn <johnrobertmartyn@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,
I was wondering what C++ compiler I might use that is compatible with
JAWS.
I am starting a project that I need to program an application. I will
have to learn the language, but it helps to have something compatible
first.
Thanks,
John Martyn

Soronel Haetir