moderated Re: Web site hosting services

Adrian Spratt

I’d suggest this is confusing the issue. In many jurisdictions, home improvement contractors need to be licensed by a city or state agency. Registration of a business name may also be required. However, not all consultants in every field are subject to these rules.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Diamond
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2020 1:45 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Web site hosting services

During a wind storm and rain, our roof leaked.  Someone offered to fixed our roof but, the insurer would not except their quote because they did not have a registered business name.  Which means any fly by night agency or person can offer services but, they need to be registered with the government as a legitimate business.  Hope Richard and al can see the tie in here. Yes, GoDaddy’s accessibility has a lot to be desired, especially their feedback form.   

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: August 19, 2020 7:57 AM

Thanks for that.

The State Rehab department probably won’t deal with an individual so offers like the below likely won’t go anywhere since they offered no information about the services etc., anyway.

My question still stands, I already know Godaddy is absolutely awful for accessibility, so looking for another hosting plan, though the one I use is quite good, I would like to offer them some choices.

Richard

"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Diamond
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2020 7:51 AM

This is in no way a slam against anyone or their services.  This is just something I noted when someone offered to help me build a website.  His spelling and grammar was so atrocious when writing me I mused if his spelling and grammar was so bad when a spell checker is readily available, was his work ethic the same poor quality? Admittedly this was after months of working with someone at an agency, then she pulled the shoot on me with no progress. She said before she left she’d help me finish it.  IMO she got fired from the job she had at that agency, just would not admit it.   Yes, I did eventually get it built in weeks, not months.   

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rayn Darren
Sent: August 19, 2020 12:53 AM

Hi Richard, 

I offer hosting as part of packages available to clients. I would be more than happy to work with your client to get a website set up for him.

Thanks,

Sarah

On Aug 18, 2020, at 12:35 PM, Richard Turner <richardturner42@...> wrote:

Hello,

I have a client who needs to set up a web site with a store on it for his business.

He uses Jaws latest version and Windows 10.

I use a pretty easy service, IXWebHosting but have never looked at setting up a store.

What hosting services are people using that work well with Jaws?

Thanks,

Richard

"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.