moderated Re: PowerMixer stopped working

JM Casey

I did say I have nothing logged in specifically -- I go to youtube in chrome and see all my channels and settings and whatnot, but when I want to secretly view those Britney Speares and katie perry videos I use firefox where it doesn't have any of that info stored and pretend that it still doesn't know who I am. *grins*

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of netbat66
Sent: August 18, 2020 8:09 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: PowerMixer stopped working

half right. you can log into google on firefox and you will be logged in for ever. grin. until you manually sign out.
so you can go to any site that uses the google captcha and it will still bypass the captcha.

From: David Griffith [mailto:daj.griffith@gmail.com]

To: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io>

Date: Tuesday, August 18, 2020, 1:46 PM

Subject: PowerMixer stopped working

How frustrating especially if there is no sighted help on hand.

Do you have access to a Smart phone to get some sighted help like Be My

Eyes etc. Or even a Skype zoom call where you can show the problem to

someone sighted who can solve it for you?

Personally though what I normally do in your situation is

Phone up a friend/relative.

Get them to get onto their Windows PC.

Both of us run Quick Assist from the start menu.

This windows utility is completely accessible with Jaws.

Then we can screen share and actually for example my daughter has

completed the screen capture for me on her laptop without any

intervention from me. She can completely take over my machine.

You need to have a Microsoft account login for this to work but oddly

although my daughter does not have a Microsoft account she can still log

into Quick Assist on her laptop using my Microsoft login, even though I

am also logged in under this account on my Desktop.

Make sure you complain about the capture when you eventually get through.

Hope that helps.

David G.

Windows 10

From: David Griffith [mailto:daj.griffith@gmail.com]

To: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io>

Date: Tuesday, August 18, 2020, 11:57 AM

It sounds like an issue for Power Mixer support and possible update of

their program.

Have you contacted them?

David G.

Windows 10