moderated Re: PowerMixer stopped working

Mario

I think eventuallly (in 10, 20 years or so...) all methods of using CAPTCHAs will be solved by bots implimenting the use of AI, at which point using CAPTCHAs will no longer be effective for those webmasters who use them for curtailing spam.

-------- Original Message --------
From: JM Casey [mailto:jmcasey@teksavvy.com]
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Tuesday, August 18, 2020, 7:14 PM
Subject: PowerMixer stopped working
The “I am not a robot” checkbox only confirms through google – so, your
mileage may vary. I hzave nothing logged in with my firefox browser and
so if I hit one of those, it will present me with a challenge if I check
the box – so I use Chrome for such thigns at the moment.

These simple questions that you mentioned can also easilyb e answered by
artificial intelligences. There are visual challenges that actually
depend in a way on a particularly human sort of intelligence – but it’s
still not outside of the realm of artificial intelligence possibility to
solve them. This is actaully a huge challenge for security and it’s
pretty interesting on some levels.

From: David Griffith [mailto:daj.griffith@gmail.com]

To: main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io> <main@jfw.groups.io
<mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>>

Date: Tuesday, August 18, 2020, 1:46 PM

How frustrating  especially if there is no sighted help on hand.

Do you have  access to a Smart phone to get some sighted help like Be My

Eyes etc. Or even a Skype zoom call where you can show  the problem to

someone sighted who can solve it for you?

Personally though what I normally do in your situation is

Phone up a friend/relative.

Get them to get onto their Windows PC.

Both of us run Quick Assist  from the start menu.

This windows utility is completely accessible with Jaws.

Then we can screen share and actually for example my daughter has

completed the screen capture for me on her laptop without any

intervention from me. She can completely take over my machine.

You need to have a Microsoft account login for this to work but oddly

although my daughter does not have a Microsoft account she can still log

into Quick Assist  on her laptop using my Microsoft login, even though I

am also logged in under this account on my Desktop.

Make sure you complain about the capture when you eventually get through.

Hope that helps.

David G.

Windows 10

From: David Griffith [mailto:daj.griffith@gmail.com]

To: main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io> <main@jfw.groups.io
<mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>>

Date: Tuesday, August 18, 2020, 11:57 AM

It sounds like an issue for Power Mixer support and possible update of

their program.

Have you contacted them?

David G.

Windows 10