moderated Re: PowerMixer stopped working

JM Casey

The “I am not a robot” checkbox only confirms through google – so, your mileage may vary. I hzave nothing logged in with my firefox browser and so if I hit one of those, it will present me with a challenge if I check the box – so I use Chrome for such thigns at the moment.

These simple questions that you mentioned can also easilyb e answered by artificial intelligences. There are visual challenges that actually depend in a way on a particularly human sort of intelligence – but it’s still not outside of the realm of artificial intelligence possibility to solve them. This is actaully a huge challenge for security and it’s pretty interesting on some levels.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Griffith
Sent: August 18, 2020 6:17 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: PowerMixer stopped working

Dear Mario

I am not personally a fan of audio captures as they normally sound so garbled I cannot hear them either.

I notice that a lot of sites, for example Sendspace and Worl Pay are now using captures which simply require you to locate on the screen a check box which is labelled I am not a robot and you simply have to tab to submit after checking this with the space bar. I have no idea what is going on visually but it works fine with Jaws.

If this is good enough for World Pay – a secure payment service  I don’t see why others cannot follow suit.

Another accessible method I have seen used with some success is to put in a question where you have to answer a simple question like – what is 2 plus 1. I suppose this might challenge some with permanent or temporary cognitive impairment like recovering stroke victims unfairly so on balance    I would still prefer the first method of simply having to check a confirmation.

PayPal and my bank now demand the ability to text my mobile phone so that is yet another option I suppose but I don’t like being forced to give out my phone number.

David G.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: David Griffith [mailto:daj.griffith@...]

To: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io>

Date: Tuesday, August 18, 2020, 1:46 PM

Subject: PowerMixer stopped working

How frustrating  especially if there is no sighted help on hand.

Do you have  access to a Smart phone to get some sighted help like Be My

Eyes etc. Or even a Skype zoom call where you can show  the problem to

someone sighted who can solve it for you?

Personally though what I normally do in your situation is

Phone up a friend/relative.

Get them to get onto their Windows PC.

Both of us run Quick Assist  from the start menu.

This windows utility is completely accessible with Jaws.

Then we can screen share and actually for example my daughter has

completed the screen capture for me on her laptop without any

intervention from me. She can completely take over my machine.

You need to have a Microsoft account login for this to work but oddly

although my daughter does not have a Microsoft account she can still log

into Quick Assist  on her laptop using my Microsoft login, even though I

am also logged in under this account on my Desktop.

Make sure you complain about the capture when you eventually get through.

Hope that helps.

David G.

Windows 10

From: David Griffith [mailto:daj.griffith@...]

To: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io>

Date: Tuesday, August 18, 2020, 11:57 AM

It sounds like an issue for Power Mixer support and possible update of

their program.

Have you contacted them?

David G.

Windows 10