From: David Griffith [mailto:daj.griffith@gmail.com]
To: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Tuesday, August 18, 2020, 1:46 PM
Subject: PowerMixer stopped working
How frustrating  especially if there is no sighted help on hand.

Do you have  access to a Smart phone to get some sighted help like Be My
Eyes etc. Or even a Skype zoom call where you can show  the problem to
someone sighted who can solve it for you?

Personally though what I normally do in your situation is

Phone up a friend/relative.

Get them to get onto their Windows PC.

Both of us run Quick Assist  from the start menu.

This windows utility is completely accessible with Jaws.

Then we can screen share and actually for example my daughter has
completed the screen capture for me on her laptop without any
intervention from me. She can completely take over my machine.

You need to have a Microsoft account login for this to work but oddly
although my daughter does not have a Microsoft account she can still log
into Quick Assist  on her laptop using my Microsoft login, even though I
am also logged in under this account on my Desktop.

Make sure you complain about the capture when you eventually get through.

Hope that helps.

David G.

Windows 10

From: David Griffith [mailto:daj.griffith@gmail.com]

To: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io>

Date: Tuesday, August 18, 2020, 11:57 AM

It sounds like an issue for Power Mixer support and possible update of

their program.

Have you contacted them?

David G.

Windows 10