From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2020 11:45 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Specs for a new desktop computer

I believe that the one thing that will increase computer speed is the hard drive, and you want read/write speeds up around 1 gig per second You will want a PCIE Gen 4 compatible motherboard and a PCIE SSD.
That is really the bottleneck these days, if you want speed.
Here's a video that talks about this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URt_5ryS37A
Glenn
From: Ralph Supernaw via groups.io [mailto:rhs=startmail.com@groups.io]
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Tuesday, August 18, 2020, 10:15 AM
Subject: Specs for a new desktop computer It’s looking like I will be searching for a new desktop computer. I have not been able to figure out what makes the most difference in the speed or snappiness of the computer when using Jaws with typical applications. So, I’d appreciate any information you techy types can pass along.

I know Ram makes a big difference. What I don’t know is how much RAM is helpful and how much is overkill.

How much difference does multiple thread processing make? How many threads are a good number to shoot for?

How much difference does an SSD drive make? If they make a significant difference in speed, what files should be on them?

Being totally blind I don’t need a fancy display. But, does a better video card affect the speed of the computer?

Are there other ways to increase the speed of the computer?

Thanks.