moderated Re: Accessible electronic password managers being used?

Jim Weiss <jimweiss72@...>

I use Password Safe for my Windows installations and PW Safe for my Mac and iPhone.  There is also a version for Android.  It is open source software and regardless of the platform they share one database.  I keep my database on my iCloud Drive and then run iCloud for Windows so I have access to the file on all of my devices.  The Windows version is free, but the Mac/iPhone had a nominal charge.  I purchased the software about 8 years ago so I don’t remember the exact cost, but I think it was $15.  It is very accessible on Windows (with JAWS and Narrator), iPhone and Mac with Voice Over.  I have reached out to the developer on several occasions and he has been extremely responsive and takes accessibility very seriously.
Regards,

Jim Weiss
National Federation of the Blind of Ohio - Board of Directors
Cuyahoga County Chapter - President

The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.

On Aug 14, 2020, at 4:04 PM, Alan Lemly <walemly@...> wrote:

Hi List,

I'm preparing a presentation for late September where I'll discuss electronic password managers. While I intend to focus on KeePass, I also want to mention any others that folks are successfully using. The only criteria is that they be accessible and work both with a computer and a portable device. Another person will be presenting on 1Password so if anyone can offer other recommendations meeting my criteria, I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have.

Alan Lemly