From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rick Miller
Sent: Friday, August 14, 2020 11:41 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: E-Mails are Interrupting Me

Dear Listers:

Yesterday my technician, while working on my computer, accidentally did something which has caused JAWS to read aloud an e-mail message every time it comes in, regardless of whether I am in Microsoft Outlook or not.  I may be writing a letter or addressing an envelope, and all of a sudden JAWS starts reading an e-mail message to me aloud and interrupting whatever I am doing.  Is there a way I can stop JAWS from doing this?  Microsoft Outlook is my e-mail carrier.  I am using Windows 10 and the latest update of JAWS 2020.

Thank you all for any help or advice you can give.

Rick Miller