moderated Re: Question regarding installing a new installation of Windows 8/8.1

On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 12:22 PM, Glenn / Lenny wrote:
It is only unsafe to the reckless user,
This is untrue.  As soon as security patches cease, any nefarious player that finds them can exploit them, and in perpetuity.

It's not "drinking the Kool-Aid" but best practice to advise any user against using any unsupported OS in contact with cyberspace.  And that's whether we're talking an unsupported Windows, Linux, MacOS, or what have you.

You do as you see fit.  I'm standing firmly with exactly what I've said and what I do.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss