moderated Re: Question regarding installing a new installation of Windows 8/8.1

On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 12:13 PM, Dave Durber wrote:
Yes, I am being paid.
-
Well, since 8.1 is still supported, there are no liability issues with installing it.

I would still try to assess why they want it.  If it's because it's what they're used to from other machines, then so be it, but I'd still encourage them to give Windows 10 a try.

Virtually all the resistance I've met to Windows 10 over the years it's been available has been based entirely on misinformation about it (as well as ignorance of the fact that most of the things complained about, particularly system health telemetry, were retrofitted all the way back to Windows 7).

       ~ Lawrence Krauss