moderated Re: Question regarding installing a new installation of Windows 8/8.1

Glenn / Lenny

You will need to use upgrade installation media, it may not work with a full install of 8.1.
Another option is to use Windows 10 winPE to install the 8.1.You will need to be sure to match the version in terms of 64 bit and 32 bit.
Glenn

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2020 11:09 AM
Subject: Re: Question regarding installing a new installation of Windows 8/8.1

Glen:

I have that. All the versions of windows which are included with that TWPE, are for Windows 7.

Dave

Sent: Tuesday, 11 August, 2020 4:40 PM
Subject: Re: Question regarding installing a new installation of Windows 8/8.1

No matter how you go about it, you can install windows 8 using WinPE, which uses NVDA, not Narrator.
You need to match the installer to the types of windows.
There are about half a dozen types of windows 7, and the mega.ISO of WinPE has the .WIM files for the various types of windows.
Glenn
Glenn
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2020 8:24 AM
Subject: Question regarding installing a new installation of Windows 8/8.1

For those on this list, who used Windows 8 or 8.1, I have the following questions:

Did you upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 8 or 8.1. If you did, did the Windows  7 authorization  key, also authorize versions of Windows 8 or, did you need to purchase a new authorization key for versions of Windows 8;

If you had Windows 7 installed but, you decided to install a new installation of Windows 8 or 8.1, were you able to use the windows 7 key, to authorize versions of Windows 8.

Were you able to install Windows 8 or 8.1 yourself or, did you have visual assistance;

If you installed Windows 8 or 8.1 yourself, was Narrator available to you, to assist you through the installation process; and

If Narrator was not available, how didyou install Windows 8 or 8.1 yourself, without visual assistance.

I have suggested they upgrade to Windows 10 but, they are adament, they want Windows 8.

Dave

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.