From: Chris Hill
Sent: Tuesday, 11 August, 2020 4:26 PM
Subject: Re: Question regarding installing a new installation of Windows 8/8.1

The right answer here is forget about it.  Last time I messed with reinstalling 8, I could never get it to upgrade to 8.1, which left it an insecure mess.  Sometimes you just have to say no, and this is one of those.

On 8/11/2020 08:24, Dave Durber wrote:
For those on this list, who used Windows 8 or 8.1, I have the following questions:

Did you upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 8 or 8.1. If you did, did the Windows  7 authorization  key, also authorize versions of Windows 8 or, did you need to purchase a new authorization key for versions of Windows 8;

If you had Windows 7 installed but, you decided to install a new installation of Windows 8 or 8.1, were you able to use the windows 7 key, to authorize versions of Windows 8.

Were you able to install Windows 8 or 8.1 yourself or, did you have visual assistance;

If you installed Windows 8 or 8.1 yourself, was Narrator available to you, to assist you through the installation process; and

If Narrator was not available, how didyou install Windows 8 or 8.1 yourself, without visual assistance.

I have suggested they upgrade to Windows 10 but, they are adament, they want Windows 8.

Dave