moderated Re: Jaws2020 laptop window10 for a friend

Dave Durber

Mike:

I have just discovered the following method:

Press INSERT+J, to open the JAWS "Context" Menue.

Press U, which opens the "utilities" submenue, and highlights the "Tandom" Submenue.

press t, which opens the "tandom" submenue, and highlights the "Tandom Centre" submenue.

Press C, which opens the "Tandom Centre" submenue, and highlights the "Allow Access to My Computer...". There are 2 choices:

Press A, to open this option. JAWS will speak the text in the dialogue. The highlight is on the "Meeting", edit field/ 9r

Press G, which opens the "Get Access to a Computer...", option. JAWS will speak some text in the dialogue, the highlight, is on,  the "Get Access", option.

Press G, to open this option.  JAWS will speak the access code, which needs to be given to the other person.

The beauty of this method, is that, you do not need to move your fingers off the qwerty keyboard at all

This is definitely going to be the method I will use in the Future.

Wich ever method we use, and others will have their way of achieving the same thing, in the end, it is whatever suits the individual.

HTH

Dave

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, 8 August, 2020 12:54 PM
Subject: Re: Jaws2020 laptop window10 for a friend

There's not a shortcut command for getting the access code for accessing someone elses  computer.  Press, Insert + J, then press the letter, U, to open Utilities, then press enter on, submenu Jaws Tandem, press enter on submenu Tandem center, press enter on Get access to a computer ..., and now press enter on, Get access button, to get the access code.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
Sent: Friday, August 07, 2020 12:59 PM

What would be the keyboard command using tandem to get access to a computer?

On Aug 7, 2020, at 12:19 PM, Mike B <mb69mach1@...> wrote:

The Tandem shortcut keystroke is, Insert, Alt + T, no control key.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
Sent: Friday, August 07, 2020 11:01 AM

Addison:

Just in case JAWS 2020 is not loading correctly, ask your friend, to unload JAWS, then, reload JAWS.

Remember, your friend may not be able to perform the INSERT+CTRL+ALT+T, JAWS command to go straight to the tandom window, where they need to enter the meeting ID code. In that case, following the steps in my previous email, might be a better way for your friend, to get to that window.

HTH

Dave Durber

Sent: Friday, 7 August, 2020 5:01 PM

Hi there 

That’s exactly  what I ha her to do this morning  and able to do tandem with her before I do tandemthere were a bells sound pop on windows

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave Durber
Sent: Friday, August 07, 2020 5:36 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Addison:

It looks like the person who installed JAWS on her computer, set JAWS to be minimized to the Task Tray. When this is done, when someone presses ALT+TAB, to cycle through the open windows,  the JAWS window is not displayed.

Suggest to her that she do the following:

1. Press WINDOWS KEY+M, to go to the desktop.

2. If JAWS 2020 is the only version of JAWS installed on the machine, press the letter J, to highlight JAWS. If there is more than 1 version installed, keep pressing the letter J, until, JAWS 2020 is spoken.

3. press ENTER. The JAWS Context Window opens, and the first option in that window, is "options".

4. Tap the DOWN ARROW once, to highlight "Utilities".

5. tap the RIGHT ARROW 3 times, JAWS will say, "Allow access to my computer"...

6. Press ENTER. The meeting ID window is opened. After speaking some text, JAWS will say, "Meeting ID, edit". She needs to enter the meeting ID you give her, followed by pressing the ENTER key, to start the Tandom session.

HTH

Dave durber

Sent: Thursday, 6 August, 2020 11:58 PM

Subject: Jaws2020 laptop window10 for a friend

Hello All

My friend name Cynthia  have laptop window10  computer and jaws2020 ,when I call her this afternoon  she wanted me to do jaws tandem on her laptop  but there is a problem  when I ask her to press insert key + j for Jaws  I don’t hear it’s jaws at all so I ask her to press alt + tab til she hear it’s say jaws on the window so nothing at all too. So she doesn’t remember who installed jaws2020  on her laptop and programs her computer too. So I told her there is no way I can do jaws tandem if she doesn’t have jaws window screen on her laptop !! What does she need to do to get jaws windows to be activate on window screen to say jaws ??  Does anyone have any idea on other way I can do jaws tandem on her laptop ?

Addison

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.