moderated Re: Jaws2020 laptop window10 for a friend

Dave Durber

Mike:

I have just discovered the following method:

Press INSERT+J, to open the JAWS "Context" Menue.

Press U, which opens the "utilities" submenue, and highlights the "Tandom" Submenue.

press t, which opens the "tandom" submenue, and highlights the "Tandom Centre" submenue.

Press C, which opens the "Tandom Centre" submenue, and highlights the "Allow Access to My Computer...". There are 2 choices:

Press A, to open this option. JAWS will speak the text in the dialogue. The highlight is on the "Meeting", edit field/ 9r

Press G, which opens the "Get Access to a Computer...", option. JAWS will speak some text in the dialogue, the highlight, is on,  the "Get Access", option.

Press G, to open this option.  JAWS will speak the access code, which needs to be given to the other person.

The beauty of this method, is that, you do not need to move your fingers off the qwerty keyboard at all

This is definitely going to be the method I will use in the Future.

Wich ever method we use, and others will have their way of achieving the same thing, in the end, it is whatever suits the individual.

HTH

Dave