moderated Re: Using Audible app

Sandra Streeter

I’ve been using the Cloud Player for about a month now, finding it very satisfying; was able to vary the speed so I could make an impending library group mtg and be somewhat cogent about the book we were to discuss; it does remember where you left off, and you can, indeed, fast-forward or re-wind according to the need. Also, having read Neil Peart’s book Clockwork Angels on both it, and the player for audiobooks.com, I discovered I like the audio better on Audible—his voice came through more faithful to what I know it sounded like in interviews, so I was very pleased. That’s all I know so far.

Sandra

Science is no more than an investigation of a miracle we can never explain, and art is an interpretation of that miracle.

(Ray Bradbury)

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Deb and the girls
Sent: Saturday, August 8, 2020 11:25 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Using Audible app

In reference to audible, I just joined on a windows 7 computer with jaws 2020.  I was able to read direct from my library on audible using what was called the cloud player.  I wondered if that was a part of audible or came in because I had one drive downloaded on the computer.  I was truly surprised to learn I could listen to the book and that with this cloud player, I could rewind, fast forward, pause and that, like other players, it remembered where I was in the book when I returned to it.

Can anyone enlighten me about audible and the cloud player?

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: Saturday, August 08, 2020 9:54 AM

Not so, according to Audible itself. The MS app doesn’t permit the download of files. They tell us to use the Audible Sync app, where you transfer files directly from the app to the device. That said, are they wrong, and are you able to download Audible books using the MS app?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Saturday, August 8, 2020 10:39 AM

You don't use the Audible app from Audible any more, the new Microsoft Store version is now used for downloading books if that is what  you want to do.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: Saturday, August 8, 2020 6:24 AM

The problem I encountered with these scripts is that I can’t get them to pair with the Audible app at the Microsoft Store, which is the one I believe they’re written for. They don’t seem to cover the Audible Sync app, downloadable from Audible.com.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Saturday, August 8, 2020 1:11 AM

Try the scripts from Doug Lee, should be somewhere on his website, www.dlee.org.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of kevin meyers
Sent: Friday, August 7, 2020 8:04 AM
Subject: Using Audible app

Hello, Has anyone used Audible app which is part of Amazon? I’m using windows10 and Jaws2020. Both are the most recent versions. I’m having problems trying to open a book. Any suggestions to make this app work better?

Thanks,

Kevin

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.