"Unselected" in Word and JAWS

Marquette, Ed <Ed.Marquette@...>

In JAWS 12, after performing a concluding operation to text marked with F-8 in Word, the "selection" is turned off, and JAWS announces this.
In JAWS 13, this "selected" status is retained, and it causes huge problems, which is one of 31 reasons why I keep giving up on JAWS 13 and go back to JAWS 12.
Has anyone else noticed this nasty bug? Also, I may be a couple of releases behind. Does anyone know if this problem has been fixed in recent releases of JAWS 13?
I sometimes wonder how Freedom Scientific can break so many things that used to work well when it adds something new. Guess its all the resources they devote to Research It.
#############################################################################################################
ANY FEDERAL TAX ADVICE CONTAINED IN THIS MESSAGE SHOULD NOT BE USED OR REFERRED TO IN THE PROMOTING, MARKETING OR
RECOMMENDING OF ANY ENTITY, INVESTMENT PLAN OR ARRANGEMENT, AND SUCH ADVICE IS NOT INTENDED OR WRITTEN TO BE USED,
AND CANNOT BE USED, BY A TAXPAYER FOR THE PURPOSE OF AVOIDING PENALTIES UNDER THE INTERNAL REVENUE CODE.
#############################################################################################################
This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may contain information
that is privileged, attorney work product or otherwise protected by applicable law. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender at 402-346-6000 and delete this E-mail message.
Thank you.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.