moderated Re: Controlling JAWS in Zoom Meeting

Ann Byrne

Using speech on demand may help.

insert+spacebar for layer commands, then s. JAWS alternates between speech on demand, which speaks only when you use a command like sayline, or full speech, which is the default.

At 07:17 PM 8/6/2020, you wrote:
Also make sure that you have the most recent Zoom software installed. There are at least 12 new screen reader options in the newest build. Turning off some of these features may fix your issues.
Jim Weiss
<mailto:jimweiss72@icloud.com>jimweiss72@icloud.com

“The only thing worse then being blind is having sight with no visionâ€&#65533; | Helen Keller

On Aug 6, 2020, at 6:32 PM, Marty Hutchings <<mailto:mhutchings152730@gmail.com>mhutchings152730@gmail.com> wrote:

I am using JAWS 2020 and the Windows + Alt + S command doesn’t seem to work for me in stopping those entering and exiting announcements. What does work is an age old command that has been a part of JAWS for ever and that is the three way toggle for Screen Echo, JAWS + 2 on the number row, which cycles between Highlighted, All or None. Set it to None and your troubles disappear. This does not turn off your speech as Speech on Demand does.

Love in Christ
Marty
If we view this present life as our primary goal, we will agree with William Shakespeare who said: “Life is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.â€&#65533; From TODAY IN THE WORD June 1, 2020