moderated Re: PictureSmart Being Blocked By Corporate Firewall

Abraham Sweiss

In my case, I have direct access to the operations team that manages the systems for me. So all I need to do is email them.
You may want to develop a relationship with those individuals at your company to help streamline things.

Thanks,abraham

On Aug 3, 2020, at 5:45 PM, Van Lant, Robin via groups.io <Robin_Van_Lant@...> wrote:

Brian, you are right.   I pulled in a  number of people to get clearance to just call my local tech guy to help when I needed admin rights for something JAWS related. This was a lot easier when in the office, as I could just pop over to his desk with my laptop and have him type in his credentials. Feels like a much bigger to do if I have to set up a remote connection now, so I just haven’t dealt with it as of late.  My philosophy is always help people understand the dilemma you are in and see if they can agree to a work around before raising a stink about something.  In my case, I was trying to do the right think for my local guy by calling the helpdesk and getting them to log a ticket to engage the local guy. That’s what they want all other employees to do, but this was so difficult with a help desk that had no idea what JAWS is, so I just asked the manager of that team how I could do it in a more effective way.  Part of it is not being afraid to reach out to people higher up in an organization and just politely say that you are trying to do the right thing and figure out a better process.  I’ve also found out who our ADA compliance offers is within HR and will copy her on stuff so I have her backing.