moderated Re: Question about accessible screen sharing, being able to see whatothers share

Chris Hill

I am sure what is sent out is a picture of what is on there screen.  There would be no reason to send control information and text when a picture of it would be simpler.  No screen reader is going to be able to read it.

On 8/2/2020 18:50, Michael Walker wrote:
Hi Chris, what my coworkers are screen sharing is whatever is on their screen, such as what is being displayed in visual studio as they drive. It might be a video, as they screen share themselves programming in visual studios.

On Aug 2, 2020, at 6:34 PM, Chris Hill <hillco@...> wrote:

I doubt it.  The thing being shared is likely an image, and it would have to be ocr'ed and it wouldn't turn out well at all.

On 8/2/2020 18:09, Michael Walker wrote:
Hi John,

What I mean is that I work with people who can see. They run conferences where they share their screens. I wondered if there is a way I can see what they are sharing on their screens.

Thank you,
Mike

On Aug 2, 2020, at 5:33 PM, Jon Nixey <jon.ofhs5790@...> wrote:

Hi Michael,

I’m not quite sure what you mean, but I use Zoom frequently and share screens with other blind Zoom users.

Obviously, as the other users are also totally blind, then they can’t actually see what is displayed on the screen, but they can definitely hear any audio soundtrack of what I’m sharing.

Not sure if that helps or not?

Kind regards, Jon

Sent from Mail for Windows 10