moderated Re: PictureSmart Being Blocked By Corporate Firewall

Abraham Sweiss

And then there is reality.  If Freedom Scientific servers do not meet the requirements of gdPR, the California privacy  LAWS, Hippa or what ever regulation the company has to comply with,  with the risk of fines up to4% of revenue,  what would it be cheaper to do.  Find a reason to let go of the person demanding this specific  accommodation or risk the fine.

I agree if this specific function of jaws is required to complete the day to day operations of the job the company should work with Freedom Scientific,  but if you do not work with the employer and understand their point of view, then  in the end things will not work out well for everyone.

And I suspect the first question from the employer will be that since picture smart is a relatively new function in jaws, how were you able to get your job done before this feature was added.

Now I do not want to seem argumentative and I am fortunate  to work with a US company that has to comply with all the above regulations and I need to take a class once a year for several of the above regulations to ensure I understand the laws.   And they are able to provide the needed accommodations.  However if that company had to way the risks of their consumers privacy, which law do you think they will follow.

Thanks, Abraham