moderated Re: how user friendly is zoom with jaws?

Milton Ota

Hello,

My first suggestion to you is that you update your JAWS version to 2020.
Freedom Scientific is offering a discount to upgrade for the price that
cannot be beat. Go to their website and look for the information about the
summer convention offerings. This special will end on July 31. You have
another option and that is to install the latest version of JAWS for free
and this offering as of now will end on August 31. Again, you can find
information about this on their website. Go to:
https://freedomscientific.com

When you install the latest version of Zoom, it will install spripts that
will give you better functionality in combination between JAWS and Zoom. The
scripts were written by Brian Hartgen and given to Freedom Scientific. If
you are wanting more functionality you might want to purchase a set of more
advance scripts from Brian Hartgen. To find out more about Brian's scripts
for purchase go to:
https://hartgen.org/

There are two books that are available to help you learn about all the
things you can do along with the keyboard commands. The first is "Meet Me In
The Cloud". This books is an audio book in MP3 files, available free from
https://mosen.org/ and is a bit old but still will help. The author is
Jonathan Mosen.

The second book is available either from the Carol Center for the Blind and
I don't remember the title of this book at the moment. I think you can also
get this book from National Braille Press at https://nbp.org/ This book was
priced at $18.00 for an MS Word file.

Lastly, you can also find some keyboard commands on the Zoom website.

Downloading Zoom is Free if you are just joining a group conference. If you
are intending to host a group conference the free version will give you 40
minutes access. Zoom offers different pricing plans that you can purchase so
check their website at https://zoom.us/

Hope this helps.

Milton