moderated Re: How to group by subject - Was: RE: in outlook 2019, how do you delete messages with one subject at once if you aren't interested in them?

Van Lant, Robin

For this JAWS list, I have a rule that puts all the messages in one folder when received, arranged with newest at the top.  I then have the columns organized so that subject is the first item JAWS reads, after the read/unread icon. Then, I have Conversations turned on.  This puts all JAWS list messages of a single subject into  one collapsible item.  If  you use this view, you also need to go into Outlook options and look for the setting under Accessibility  for keyboard navigation and tell outlook not to automatically expand conversations as you arrow past them.  I still find that this can happen, especially when I first come to this folder, but it’s not bad.   I thought JAWS used to consistently tell me if a conversation was expanded or collapsed, but I’m not hearing it right now and not sure if that is a JAWS change or something I accidentally tweaked.  Nonetheless, you can tell it’s a conversation header item If you hear multiple names after a subject line, as it will read the names of those who have contributed to that thread.  If you are on the  top item in this conversation, hitting delete will delete all the messages in that thread. I get a warning that I’m doing that.   If the conversation is expanded, hitting delete on any of the message will delete just that message.

Hopefully this gives you some ideas of things you can do.  I’m headed into meetings for the rest of the day, so I don’t’ have time to elaborate more.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dale Heltzer
Sent: Sunday, July 26, 2020 6:38 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: How to group by subject - Was: RE: in outlook 2019, how do you delete messages with one subject at once if you aren't interested in them?

A much more efficient way to delete items not of interest is to group by subject. I had this set, but some gremlin has undone it, and I can’t get it back.

Any Outlook hot-shot wonky wizards there to help?

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key, send an email to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.