moderated Re: Are Any Of These Accessible To Screenreaders?

Glenn / Lenny

I'm sure that programs that do that look for similar files and can group them accordingly, perhaps using the fragment time to know which is which.
Glenn

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2020 8:46 PM
Subject: Re: Are Any Of These Accessible To Screenreaders?

I also have .cwp files that are fragmented. These are the ones I've recovered with ICare Data Recovery Pro, which categorized them as "Lost Files". I wonder if any of those programs can merge 46 fragments of a .cwp file together.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2020 5:07 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

I do not think Goldwave handles midi files, but I'm not sure.
It seems odd to have both weav and midi files in the same project, though the midi files might be the same music but the music notation files for the same passage as one before it?
I never dealt with Sonar enough to know.

Richard
"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

On Jul 22, 2020, at 3:54 PM, Annabelle Susan Morison <foristnights@...> wrote:

I think this ended up as a duplicate email.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2020 3:21 PM

Well, are they in an odd format, or standard mp3 or .wav or windows media, etc.?

If so, GoldWave has a nice file merge feature that is completely accessible.  You would use the Tools menu and select File Merge and then add the folder and if they are in order already, it can put them into one file for you.

There is a fully functional demo, or if you decide to use it on an ongoing basis it is only $50, or so.

www.goldwave.com

Richard

"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Annabelle Susan Morison
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2020 1:06 PM
Subject: Are Any Of These Accessible To Screenreaders?

Hi, it's Annabelle.

I've been thinking about this for a while, and I wonder, are any of these programs accessible to screenreaders like JAWS? These are freewares that are used for splitting and merging files. The reason why I ask this is because I have these files I'm trying to recover, specifically Sonar projects that I didn't get the chance to back up, and what I notice is that each big file has been divided into 46 fragments, all sequentially numbered. This happened on a hard drive that my friend, Markus and I formatted quite by accident in 2015, the first time when we were restoring my machine back to working order. I've used ICare Data Recovery Pro, which I purchased for $71.99 from http://www.icare-recovery.com, and that is where I discovered these files and folders I'm trying to recover are in 46 fragments. Or should I leave this recovery job to Drivesavers? https://www.thefreecountry.com/utilities/file-splitters.shtml

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.