moderated Re: Bypassing the log on screen in Windows 10 20-04

Dave Durber

Hello Chris:

The stupid thing is, if you upgrade to 20-04 in Windows 10 the "users must enter a username and password to use this computer", is still available in the N E T P L W I Z applet.

Dave Durber

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2020 12:40 PM
Subject: Re: Bypassing the log on screen in Windows 10 20-04

Apparently you have to turn off windows hello for this option to be available once again

https://winaero.com/blog/microsoft-removes-user-autologin-in-windows-10-version-2004/

Sent: 22 July 2020 12:27
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Bypassing the log on screen in Windows 10 20-04

Hello Everyone:

Uptoo, and including Windows 10, 19-09, to disable the log on screen, the simplest way to do that, was to open the dialogue window in the N E T P L W I Z (without the spaces), applet, and uncheck the check box on the option which says: "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer. You would enter the password in the 2 following fields, click on the Apply button to accept the change, then click on the OK button, to close the dialog window. After that, whenever you started the computer or, restarted the computer, the computer would bypass the log on screen, and go straight to the desktop.

I have just performed a fresh installation of Windows 10, using the 20-04 version. in the N E T P L W I Z applet, the option, "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer", is no longer there. Does anyone on this list, know of another way to disable the log on screen. If they do, will you please give step-by-step instructions.

Thank you in anticipation.

Dave Durber

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.