its easier to use the Windows 1, etc. or to tap windows and type a couple letters when you have programs that start with the same letter.
Of course, it's easiest if the standard hotkeys from the desktop worked the way they do without Jaws.

Richard

On Jul 17, 2020, at 4:03 PM, Marty Hutchings <mhutchings152730@...> wrote:

If you have a desktop icon for your JAWS or any ap, just hit Windows D and hit the first letter of the ap that you wish to open.

Love in Christ
Marty

Sent: Friday, July 17, 2020 5:09 PM
Subject: Re: Control Alt J Not Working to Open JAWS

Everyone experiencing this, please contact Freedom Scientific.

Changing the icon name does nothing for me, no desktop shortcuts work.

This is not true for everyone, but for those of us for whom it is true, it is a pain in the butt!

I now either use the Windows 1 through 0 keys for programs pinned to the task bar, or I tap the Windows Key and type enough of the name to get a match and hit enter.

Richard

"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert