moderated Re: Reading pdfs with confidence

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 05:44 PM, Adrian Spratt wrote:
I tried to open a PDF file in Word 2016 the other day, but I got a message requiring a subscription fee
Then something is wrong with your Office 2016 install.  This has been standard, non-subscription functionality since Office 2013 (I think, it may be as far back as 2010, but I don't think so).

I have Office 2016 and can open PDFs from within Word with no nags whatsoever beyond the warning (for which I have intentionally not checked the Don't show this message again checkbox) that Word will reformat the PDF file and the result may not be absolutely exact.

I can also bring up the context menu for a PDF file and choose Word from the apps in the Open with item.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss