moderated Re: Control Alt J Not Working to Open JAWS
I skipped past several messages on this topic and so I don't know if this suggestion was also made.toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
I used to have the problem of the disappearing control-alt-j shortcut until an FS tech support guy told me to rename the icon. Ever since, I've added the word "shortcut" in the icons for every version of JAWS on my desktop. I'm trying to remember if I created the control-alt-j shortcut before or after renaming the icon. I'm guessing I do that first.
Example: JAWS 2020 shortcut
From: firstname.lastname@example.org <email@example.com> On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: Friday, July 17, 2020 10:15 AM
Subject: Re: Control Alt J Not Working to Open JAWS
Sometimes that keystroke seems to get lost. Doublecheck in properties that it is still assigned.
1. Go to the desktop.
2. Locate the JAWS icon, do not press enter.
3. Press alt+enter. This should give you properties.
4. Tab to shortcut, and be sure it is set to ctrl+alt+j.
5. Tab to okay. sometimes you get an error message saying that only an administrator can make this change. Okay the message, then you can okay the change.
6. While still on the JAWS icon, press alt+enter again and check to be sure it worked.
At 08:23 AM 7/17/2020, you wrote: