moderated Re: Control Alt J Not Working to Open JAWS

Ann Byrne

Sometimes that keystroke seems to get lost. Doublecheck in properties that it is still assigned.
1. Go to the desktop.
2. Locate the JAWS icon, do not press enter.
3. Press alt+enter. This should give you properties.
4. Tab to shortcut, and be sure it is set to ctrl+alt+j.
5. Tab to okay. sometimes you get an error message saying that only an administrator can make this change. Okay the message, then you can okay the change.
6. While still on the JAWS icon, press alt+enter again and check to be sure it worked.

Good luck!

At 08:23 AM 7/17/2020, you wrote:

Hi all,

I am working with a student who, when she hits Control Alt J to open JAWS, nothing happens. Same thing with hitting Control Alt N to open NVDA. I know that it is set correctly in JAWS shortcut Properties and she has admin privileges, so that is not the problem. Any idea what the problem might be? Does it have anything to do with updating drivers or something like that? If so, what do you do?

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks,

David