moderated Re: Question for those using One Drive at home

Dan Longmore

I really like one drive and find it easier than dropbox. I can access my files and make them available off-line if I wish. The one drive account is always available on the computer from which I said it up and I can access the one drive files from any device once I sign into OneDrive from that other device such as my phone.

On Jul 15, 2020, at 12:20 PM, Van Lant, Robin via groups.io <Robin_Van_Lant@...> wrote:

Hi All,

Microsoft keeps prompting me to think about using One Drive on my home laptop.  We just started using it at work.   Can someone explain to me if One Drive is like DropBox in that I can store my files on my hard drive and choose which files to move to One Drive.  Or, if I enable One Drive, will all my files be transitioned to One Drive and I’ll have to flag which ones I want to  keep offline copies of?  The latter is how we do it at work, but since I didn’t set it up on my work laptop, I’m not sure if I have a choice on my personal laptop as to how One Drive works.   Just a little flustered about changing how I do things and being able to find my files.

Robin Van Lant, Sr. Program Manager - Sales Enablement

Key Equipment Finance & Key Institutional Bank

720-304-1060

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114