moderated Re: Sound Card Question Windows 10

Mario

thanks.

-------- Original Message --------
From: Randy Meyer [mailto:randymeyer@...]
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 4:35 PM
Subject: Sound Card Question Windows 10
Mario:

Audigy Fx from Creative Labs off of Amazon for around $40. It is an internal card. To install in windows 10 you need to download the appropriate software from Creative Labs, the cd in the box does not work for windows 10.

Randy Meyer

From: Randy Meyer [mailto:randymeyer@...]
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 2:29 PM
Rick:

Yes, I have speakers into my sound blaster card and headphones into my on board Realtek audio. Today, I plugged in my camera for a Zoom meeting. Jaws stopped speaking through sound blaster and tried speaking through the speaker built in to my camera. It was too quiet to hear, but fortunately, narrator was loud enough to hear through the small camera speaker.

I had to go to windows 10 sound settings and switch the focus back to the sound blaster card, and all audio came through fine.

I still have the sound blaster card checked in Jaws, which should mean that all Jaws audio comes through it, even when a different audio output is selected in windows 10 settings.

I would like to figure out how to make this work properly.

Randy Meyer